Saturday, December 8, 2007

No More "traditional" Guest Books!

We are headed into the 2008 wedding season and there is one thing I would like to see more couples do in regards to their weddings.... get rid of the old school guest book! Yes, I had one. If you have no idea what I'm speaking of it's your regular "guest book" that your guest stand in line to sign in once they enter your ceremony or reception. This book is supposed to be kept by the couple to remember who came to celebrate with them. Well, who actually keeps out a book full of names on the coffee table. I don't. To be honest, I have no idea where my guest book is. Sad isn't it. It's not like I've been married for decades, it's only been 5 years, but that just shows you how what is supposed to be a meaningful keepsake can get "trashed" in a box in your attic. So ladies and gents this is my charge to you, forget those books and consider these two options.
wed 920
The Sign In Guest Mat: Has been very popular lately, which I'm happy about. You can actually hang your "guest book" on the wall for all to see and for you to remember. Here is one from a wedding I worked on this summer.
photo guest bookk
Instant Photo Guest Book: This by far is my favorite idea! I wish I would've known to do this for my wedding. At least I would've been able to remember who was actually there. (Sidenote: If you can't remember all of your guests at your wedding, you had TOO many guests!!!) Anyway, this is such a fun idea. Here is how it works. Your guests walk in and you have a "guest book" station set up and their picture is taken with a Polaroid camera. While their picture "comes to life" they write a message in the book and their picture is inserted beside their note. It's just that easy.

Remember, it's your wedding day, have no regrets! As you can see I have a few. :) Make it a fun and memorable day for you and your guests to remember.

Images: Guest Mat courtesy of Elly's Photography
Instant Photo Book courtesy of Beau-coup

3 comments:

Promised Hearts said...

TAG - you're it! You have been tagged. Check out our blog for more info:http://2promisedhearts.blogspot.com/

Randi Martin said...

Aw man... I tagged you too. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I really loved both ideas. What a great way to remember your guests. Very cool.