Friday, February 1, 2008

Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Charlotte

One of the great perks of this job is that I get the opportunity to go into different restaurants and hotels and taste their food. A good wedding planner is able to give good solid recommendations based on their experiences. I'm not saying that I've been to every single venue and restaurant within the Charlotte area, but I have had the opportunity to see a good number of them. Which brings me to my rehearsal dinner venue recommendation.

woodsonsouth_banquet

The first location is Woods on South (the old Southend Brewery) is an amazing restaurant. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the Carolina Beer Company on-site brewery. I'm not a beer drinker, but it is pretty amazing to see how the beer is made. Carolina Cuisine is created by celebrity chef Marvin Woods and it is absolutely delicious. Woods on South has two private banquet areas and enough space to seat 100 comfortably. The food is absolutely amazing and so is the service. The Director of Sales and Marketing Cortenay Matters made sure I had an opportunity to taste all of the restaurant's specialties, and there were a lot of them. This is a great location for your rehearsal dinner one that you and your guests would enjoy.

capitalgrille

Next is The Capital Grille located in Uptown Charlotte Center City. If you are looking for an upscale location for your rehearsal dinner, folks this is it! The food and service was absolutely delightful. The Capital Grille has a private dining room that seats 50 and also their wine room is available and seats up to 28. The Private Dining Coordinator, Lindsay Metzelaars treated me wonderfully as she gave me a tour of their event space and treated me to a delicious lunch. She also gave me a black linen napkin, instead of a white one, because I was wearing black pants and she knew the white linen would surely leave lint. I thought that showed great attention to detail and wonderful service.

I would highly recommend either one of the two restaurants above. Both are set up perfectly for intimate parties, such as a rehearsal dinner. So if you're stumped and are unsure of where you should treat your wedding party to dinner, try one of the venues above. Please tell them Shanika sent you!

3 comments:

Tamara Myers (Tamie) said...

WoW! this place looks super romantic. What type of cuisines do the specialize in?

Anonymous said...

Woods on South is now closed :(

SJB Weddings & Events said...

I know! :( I was really sad to hear about that.