Monday, March 3, 2008

What a Good Love Story!

I have been not feeling well for a week or so, but today I actually feel a little like myself so I thought I'd start my morning by checking my email. I'm not sure if you're like me but I have multiple email accounts, actually I've had one account since college which served as my main account but I have not been as diligent about checking it. But anyway, I'm getting to the point, I was going through my 600 emails and found an email from a very dear friend of mine who asked for me to vote for him and his bride-to-be ( I didn't know he was engaged) on brides.com. So of course my interest was piqued so I went over to the site and found that Jeff and his fiance was selected out of millions as the one of the top 10 wedding proposals. Wow! If they win they receive a dream honeymoon to Los Cabos, Mexico! Well I read his proposal and it is a wonderful one. So if you guys have time today vote for my friend Jeff Rumlin and his fiance. Here is the actual proposal:

A Monday Like No Other

On Monday December 3rd, my coworker came into the office and stated that the entire faculty and staff had to watch the morning announcements because there was going to be a special announcement on the schools morning news.

As I watched the students give their reports Jeff (my fiancé) appeared on the TV screen. He spoke about me being the love of his life, and how we had our first date at my school and at that point I blacked out and fell to my knees and began to scream and cry because I knew he was proposing.

Several of my coworkers picked me up off the floor and lead me to the media center where all the students and faculty members were, cheering, clapping and crying. That’s when I saw Jeff on one knee, and he asked me one simple question: "Would you do me the honor of spending the rest of your life with me and joining me in holy matrimony and becoming my wife?" and I said "Of course."

Please vote for my friend Jeff who I've known since elementary school, we even went to the 8th grade dance together!!! I wish I could find those pictures. That was absolutely wonderful Jeff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story! I voted!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is so sweet and romantic. Congratulations to them both and I hope they win the honeymoon getaway.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. Voted. I hope they win.