Monday, June 30, 2008

Charlotte Brides Want to Know: Cheesecake Etc

I met Gail Buff, owner of Cheesecake, Etc. when I first started out. I was new to the city and the industry and she welcomed me into her studio and fed me cake and gave me a true lesson on the wedding industry as she saw it. I have always been so appreciative of Gail and I still value her opinion immensely. I have worked with Gail numerous times since we first met which means I have had a lot of cake from Cheesecake, Etc. If you are in the market for a cake that tastes as good as it looks for your wedding day allow Cheesecake, Etc to be your first stop on your cake-tasting journey.
cake4

Here is more from Gail Buff at Cheesecake Etc!

How long have you been in the wedding industry?

10 years

How did you get started in this industry?

I was tired of corporate America. One day I just lost my mind and decided to follow my passion full time.

What do you love most about the wedding business?

Working with the brides to create the wedding cake of their dreams.

What are you most excited about these days?

Besides going home at the end of a 14 hours day?? Trying new cake decorating techniques and having it all come together.

Who or what inspires you most?

My brides.

What is your most popular service or product?

Besides wedding cakes? Cheesecake and cannoli. All occasion cakes also keep us very busy.

What is the last thing you read?

Always reading trade magazines and bridal books looking for new ideas.

How do you describe your style?

Classic elegance.

If you could vacation anywhere where would it be?

Italy

What food could you not live without?

Only one? That won't happen. It has to be pasta and chocolate.

If brides only knew this….

Your wedding should be a joyful event, and one that you are able to relax and enjoy. Expect a few glitches. And hire either a wedding planner or at least a "day of" coordinator to lessen the stress.


Here are a few of my favorite cakes, showcased on her site.


cake3

cake2

cake1



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow these cakes are absolutely breathtaking! The details and designs on each is absolutely exquisite!

Melissa DiStefano said...

So pretty! Love the details!!! Yummmmmmy!