Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wedding Menu Inspiration from the Food Network

20071227ho_sandypink_500

I absolutely love to cook and I love to watch other people cook. That's why the Food Network is one of the most watched channels in our house. One of my favorite shows in Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, even though I've been trying to do more "from scratch" cooking these days.

As I was watching I thought what a wonderful show to get some ideas on what to include on your wedding menu. On this show, Sandra makes a themed meal including an entree, dessert and cocktail. Also, she always includes a tablescape with her themed meals. She definitely gives great ideas on matching particular cocktails with entrees, which can be helpful if you want to create a unique menu for your guests. Now, I know your caterer will hopefully not take so many shortcuts as Sandra does when preparing your meal, but it does give you the shortcut so if you were interested in trying a particular dish out you could make it quickly yourself in order to determine if it is exactly what you want. Well, that would be for the brides with time on your hands. :) But anyway, I just wanted to give you another little idea for making your wedding day unique and special.

Image Courtesy of Pittsburgh Post Gazette



No comments: